- The booking party who chooses the excursion is entitled to all the services detailed on the website or brochure related to the excursion.
- The booking party confirms the excursion by paying the deposit (which varies from 10 to 20 percent), while the balance will be paid at check-in. Some types of excursions require full payment at the time of booking.
- The booking party may cancel the reservation in the following cases:
a) Occurrence of illness, to be demonstrated with a medical certificate.
b) Early return from vacation, to be proven with a travel document.
c) Cancellation without any reason, to be communicated to Fabatour at least 72 hours before the departure of the excursion.
- Failure to use the excursion entitles the booking party to a refund of the deposit or the full ticket amount in the following cases:
a) Cases sub a, b, c of Art. 3.
b) Inclement weather or technical failure.
- Due to weather conditions, navigation, or directives from the Port Authority, the captain of the motorboat or the skipper of the inflatable boats may change destinations and itineraries without entitling the booking party to a refund.
- In case of accidents that occur during the excursions, insurance coverage is the responsibility of the hiker or the carrier and never of the agency, which acts as a mere intermediary.